Why Helambu Circuit Trek?
- This is an easy trek
- You trekking in the region would help people of Helambu stand back in their feet
- No altitude sickness as the trek does not surpass 3500 meters
- It is more of a cultural trek
- 5 % of your investment goes to charity work. We will contribute the funds for constructing library and computer literate rural children.
Is it for you?
- Yes, if you do not like walking much
- Yes, if you are beginning to trek and are skeptical of going for long trek
- Yes, if you are scared of getting AMS
- Yes, if you are into culture and Buddhism
- Yes, if you have limited physical fitness
|Trip Code: BT-114
|Total Duration: 10 days
|Destination: Langtang Region
|Best Time: March - May & Sept - Dec
|Trip Grade: Moderate
|Group Size: 2 - 12
Thank you for choosing Helambu circuit Trek with Ama Yangri as your next adventure destination. You will arrive on this day to Tribhuvan International airport, in Kathmandu. A representative from Budget Trekkingwill transfer you at your hotel. You can take your time to stroll around and see the surrounding of your accommodation.
You will meet your trek leader on this day and he would brief you about trekking in Nepal and your chosen destination. Meanwhile, the back office staff will prepare all required permits for your trekking. later in the day, you will do the last minute shopping for your trekking along with your guide. While our back office staff get ready preparing permits from the government offices, our guides help you get acquainted with the country by taking you to the most happening market in Kathmandu.
- Hotel in Kathmandu ( 1 Night)
- Breakfast only
The first leg of the day is a steep climb to the peak of Shivapuri from the vehicle stop point of Sundarijal. There are two options for you to get to the top, one via the stone steps and second by the dirt trail. Once on the top of the peak through deep forest of the national park, you will descent through peaceful forest of Rhododendron to the village of Chisopani. Overnight in Chisopani.
From Chisopani you will walk on and off on dirt trail and a proper trekking trail. You will make through 4 villages Pati Bhanjyang, Chipling, Lapchu Danda, Thotong respectively, before you finally reach to Golphu Bhanjyang. Part of the trail is through the forest and part of the trail makes its way through the fields of the locals. Overnight in Golphu Bhanjyang.
You embark on the trail left behind on the previous day and from hereon you will not find any motorable road that leads to the higher grounds. Every spur you take towards Kutumsang the views get bigger, better and brighter. After getting your Langtang national park permits checked at Kutumsang, you will begin climbing and the trail gets steeper. Once in Tharepati the trail branches off and we take the lower route leaving the main trail to Gosainkunda. Overnight in Tharepati.
Out of Tharepati the trail drops steeply and quickly the mountain scenery is gone and the trail makes its way into the forest. You will mostly walk through mossy pines which later makes its way to Rhododendron forests and then to chortens and ruined huts used by yak herders. The final drop to Melamchi Ghyang is painful and unforgiving but once out of the forest you will hit the suspension bridge that leads to the outskirt of your final destination. Overnight in Melamchi Ghyang.
There are two options to reach the bottom of the valley and we will not just walk to the bottom but trek to the beautiful stone village of Tarke Gyang. The trail quickly descends from the village of Melamchi Ghyang and then makes its way through dense forest. Through the forest and in the villages and hamlets you make through, you will witness a lot of chortens, gompas and monasteries. These infrastructures quickly makes you realize that this is the home of Buddhist people. Overnight in Tarke.
Ama Yangri is a special attraction of this treka and it is around 4-5 hours of a round trip from Tarke Gyang. Ama Yangri is a hill located on the northern end of the village and is considered as the deity and the protector of the entire Helambu valley. It is a nerve wrecking climb from Tarke Gyang to the peak of Ama Yangri as it is no child’s play to ascend 1200 meters within few hours. From the top of the hill, you can see the soul stilling views of mountains in the Langtang region and as far as Mt. Kanchenjunga. After spending some time with the deity, you will head back to the same hotel in Tarke Gyang.
This is the part of original Helambu circuit trek which is left out in today’s day due to construction of the roadways. However, there is still a way to include this beautiful destination on our itinerary. We will take the higher way out of Tarke Ghyang via Buddhist villages of Setighyang and Gangyul. The views of Langtang range is beautiful from this village. You will as well see the only school in the village where we have donated 14 warm blankets in the year of 2017. Overnight in Sermathang.
Initially we will dodge the newly built roadways and take the old trail down to Melamchi Bazaar. The bazaar is mostly inhabited by Sherpa people and few other mixed race. Once in Melamchi bazaar, the biggest town in the region, you will take a bus back to Kathmandu. Once in Kathmandu, your guide will transfer you to your hotel and hence your Helambu Circuit trek will come to an official end.
- All government and local taxes
- National Park Permit
- TIMS Card Permit
- A comprehensive medical kit
- Trekking Guide
- All accommodations on the trails and 3 times meals during the trek (staple meal of Daal Bhat for lunch and dinner or any one item from the menu )
- 3 Cups Tea while on the Trail ( in most of the places where applicable)
- Best available local lodges / Teahouse in mountain
- Taxi to and from airport
- Certificate of trek Completion
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc)
- Additional food
- Tips for guide
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included
- Please bring 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit to the group meeting.
Essential Trip Information
- The trip begins from Kathmandu
- You need to arrive at least 2 days prior to your scheduled trek initiation date
- You will begin your trip from day 2 of your arrival and only after signing necessary formalities
- You need to bring along at least 2 passport sized pictures and hand it to the company on day 2.
- In case of trek cancellation or trek forfeit due to unseen circumstances, we shall compensate with an alternate itinerary or activities.
- You need to bring along at least 500 dollars additional in cash. The funds will help you in case of delayed flights or unseen circumstances
- You need to aware of the company of any medical conditions developed recently
- You need to be of age 15 and above to join this trip