Chitwan Wildlife Safari is the most exotic wildlife safari in Nepal. This tour gets its name from the national park itself. The name of the national park is Chitwan National Park. Once known as the Royal Chitwan national park is now Chitwan National Park. This UNESCO world heritage site and a national park was once a hunting ground for royals for big games. In current days it protects some rare species of plant, animals and birds.
This national park is the largest and the first national park in the country. Furthermore, it is the most accessible national park. Having said that, this national park lies close to the busiest national highways. It takes around 5 hours to reach Chitwan from Kathmandu by road and half an hour by air.
Chitwan Wildlife Safari begins from a place name Sauraha. Sauraha lies in the heart of the national park. This was once the home of tribal Tharu people. Recently, it is one of the most developed town with modern day amenities. Despite development, Sauraha is a mix of modern houses and tribal huts. One can see a beautiful mix of past and the present in this wildlife safari in Nepal.
What to see in Chitwan Wildlife Safari?
|Trip Code: BT - 165
|Total Duration: 03 days
|Destination: Short Hiking
|Best Time: All year round
|Trip Grade: Easy
|Group Size: 2 - 30
|Max Elevation: 1400 m
Kathmandu - Chitwan
The journey to Chitwan begins early in the morning unless you are travelling by your own vehicle. The bus ride takes around 7-8 hours and on one of the major highways and along major tributaries. Overnight in Chitwan. In the evening you will watch beautiful dances performed by tribal Tharu people. Meal plan D
- Resort in Chitwan ( 1 Night)
- Dinner only
Chitwan All day
The day begins by walking to elephant breeding center and watching how elephants are fed and taken care of. After breakfast and breeding center we will do a jungle walk. Jungle walks are very adrenaline pumping because at any moment you can encounter with wildlife and some rare species of animals. After jungle walk you will have a choice of doing either elephant safari or jeep safari. These safaris are beautiful way to see one horn rhino and bengal tiger. In the evening we chill by the rapti Lake. This Chitwan trip can be extended for another day where you can do canoeing, visit crocodile breeding center, bird watching and visit Tharu villages. Meal plan B,L,D
- Resort in Chitwan ( 1 Night)
- Breakfast , Lunch and Dinner
Chitwan - Kathmandu
After breakfast you will board a bus back to Kathmandu and take the same route back.
- Breakfast only
- All government and local taxes
- All Entrance permit.
- A comprehensive medical kit
- English speaking Tour Guide
- All accommodations with 3 times meals after reaching the resort in Chitwan
- All Ground Transportation
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc)
- Additional food
- Tips for guide
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included
- For Chinese New Year Celebration in Lumbini you must book at least 6 month prior.
Essential Trip Information
- The trip begins from Kathmandu
- It is advised to arrive at least 2 days prior to your scheduled tour initiation date
- You will begin your trip from day 2 of your arrival and only after signing necessary formalities
- In case of tour cancellation or tour forfeit due to unseen circumstances, we shall compensate with an alternate itinerary or activities.
- You need to bring along at least 200 dollars additional in cash. The funds will help you in case of delayed flights or unseen circumstances
- You need to aware of the company of any medical conditions developed recently
- You need to be of age 15 and above to join this trip, in case of age below 15, you need to accompanied by your legal guardian or parents.
- You are advised to have at least 3-4 days towards the end of the trip.
Submit your review
Really exciting!! The resort that they took us, was fantastic. The activities were shocking, and the best of all, our guide is so generous with us. Thanks to him, we have a video to remember our experience in Chitwan.
(English & Spanish)
Namaste! We visited Chitwan last weekend and it was AMAZING! Our guide Govin took us there and took really good care of us, made us feel comfortable at all times. Probably one of the best experiences I've lived here in Nepal. Our trip was perfectly organised and I feel like we made the most out of the time we had.
TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT (I'm actually thinking of coming back!)
Namaste! Visitamos Chitwan el fin de semana pasado y fue una experiencia INCREIBLE! Govin, nuestro guia, nos llevo hasta alli y estuvo muy atento de que no nos faltara de nada en ningun momento. Haber estado en Chitwan ha sido una de las experiencias mas bonitas que he vivido aqui en Nepal. Nuestro viaje estaba perfectamente organizado y senti que aprovechamos el tiempo al maximo sin dejarnos por hacer absolutamente nada.TOTALMENTE RECOMENDADO (Yo ya estoy pensando en volver la verdad!)
Our trip to Chitwan was amazing, we enjoyed every second, Raj is the best guide, he is really funny. The place is just wonderful. If you are going to Nepal, you can not miss this trip, you will enjoy every activity and it will become unforgetable!!