Khaptad trek is not a very new trek, yet it is an off the beaten trek in Nepal. The location, rurality and the budget are primary reasons for travelers skipping Khaptad. This trek receives its name from Khaptad national park, a park named after a sage Khaptad baba. The national park established in 1984 and it comprises 4 most rural districts in Nepal.
Khaptad trek offers a beautiful variety of landscape. The trek does not surpass the 4000 meter mark but yet offers views of mountains located in the west. The trek elevation isn’t the highest but you will experience impressive horizontal stretch. Rolling hills, moorlands, steep slopes and the streams shoots excitement to the top. The intriguing thing about this trek is that it is not completely inhabited. Furthermore, the option of tea houses is not available or is very less. This factor makes Khaptad trek a camping trek and as a result we cook our own meals. It will come to your surprise that you will meet very few people throughout the trek or you will meet none. The chances of meeting a trekker along the way is close to none.
Since majority of the trek goes through the national park, you will through dense woods most of the times. The national park registers 23 mammals, 287 birds, 23 amphibian and reptile species. The mammal species include leopard, Himalayan black bear, wild dog and musk deer.
The trek is not one of the most difficult treks in Nepal, but it is not easy as well. Although Khaptad trek does not shoot to altitude and will not result in altitude sickness, the trail is a roller coaster ride. You will encounter one hill after another which requires some experience and stamina.Nevertheless, if you choose this trek you will gain far more experience and see the true colors of Nepal. Book this trek today at an unbeatable price!
|Trip Code: BT-102
|Total Duration: 09 days
|Destination: Off The Beaten Trails
|Best Time: March - May & Sept - Dec
|Trip Grade: Moderate
|Group Size: Min. 2 Pax
- All government and local taxes
- TIMS Card Permits
- 2 nights accommodation in Dormitory Nepal
- A comprehensive medical kit (with the guide)
- Best available transport to trek put in destination and back
- Trekking Guide (guide pays for his own expenses)
- A National Park Guide
- All accommodation in the Trek
- All accommodation in National park
- 3 time meal while on trek and in National Park
- Sleeping bags and down jackets (to be returned after the trek)
- 2 way flight to Nepalgunj
- Private vehicle to and from Nepalgunj to Bardiya
- All Ground Transportation (best available local transport)
- Personalized video montage of your trek published on Youtube (if no technical issues)
- Certificate of trek Completion
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Food / drinks / Accommodation
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, mineral water etc)
- Additional food
- Tips for guide
- Down Jacket, Sleeping bag or any trekking gear or equipment
- Anything else that is not mentioned on what is included